I don't know what it is about Autumn that just gets me. I remember things that happened in previous Autumns far better than any other season. I guess today I feel a little like walking down memory lane.
- The first Autumn I moved to this town I decided to go for a drive and found the loop that I still sometimes drive around. It's perfect for either a half hour or hour drive, depending on how much thinking you need to do. And it's gorgeous in the fall.
- The only time I went to homecoming in high school was my senior year. We left halfway through, though, because this guy that had a thing for me showed up and I didn't really want to see him. Luckily we left at the right time because we ran into the homecoming king in the parking lot. In nothing but his skivvies.
- During the first Autumn I lived here I owned a CD by Ryan Cabrera. Anyone remember him? I listened to it ALL THE TIME that season and to this day those songs still make me think of chilly fall days, scarves, and boots.
- Going to the apple orchards with some friends and their little boy, and he became OBSESSED with apples. It made me remember going to the orchards when I was a kid and how many apples I used to eat.
- My very first Youth in Government leadership training overnighter, all by myself. None of my friends were elected officials and I still went. I was SO scared and a shy high school sophomore. But I ended up making friends and opening up and that retreat brought me so many good things.
- In 2003 my friend and I decided to do this haunted hayride with these two guys that we'd randomly met. The one guy totally looked like Keanu Reeves. Anyway, we had to take a bus from the parking lot to wherever the hayride was and on the bus the Keanu Reeves lookalike's friend started singing show tunes. And then everyone on the bus joined in. I didn't keep in touch with either guy but that night my life totally felt like a movie. Yet I don't remember the haunted hayride at all.
What are some of your Autumn memories?