Well, I'm in Illinois. It seems to be a weekend of doing nothing which, right now, I truly appreciate right now! I don't know why but some days I just do not feel like doing ANYTHING. Very blah.
So we're going to do a thing that maybe some people don't agree with. And honestly, if there was any other way we wouldn't do it. But there isn't. We're declawing the cats. I know, I know, it's a horrible procedure. But the cats have become destructive. And I worry about any new furniture we buy, about having kids, etc. I just think in the long run it's the only thing that makes sense. And as much as I don't want to hurt the cats I think it's necessary.
We finally got our marriage license!! I STILL can't change my name because I want to get my taxes done first but then AFTERWARDS I'll finally do it. Yay to that!
Anyway, that's about all. Survey time =-)
This is a survey for all of you married folk. Fill it out & don't forget to tag other married couples on your friend list. Don't forget to tag back the person that sent it to you.
1) When was your wedding day? September 27th, 2008
2) What day of the week was it? Saturday
3) Did you get married in a church? Nope, in my parents' backyard in Hayward, WI
4) How many in your wedding party? Including us, 8 - 3 bridesmaids (Amber, Jill and Taryn), 3 groomsmen (Bruggie, Shawn and Ryan) and Dustin and me
5) Where was your reception? The Ramada Inn in Hayward, WI
6) How many guests were invited to your wedding? 130 invited, 100 attended
7) How long did you wait to Tie The Knot after your proposal? Hm um, just a smidge over a year
8) Who did you hire as your photographer & videographer? A photographer - Sara Thiry is AWESOME
9) Did you have a DJ or a band? DJ - Sounds Unlimited
10) Did your father walk you down the aisle? Of course, despite what some brides say, I like the tradition
11) What color were the bridesmaid dresses & groomsmen vests? Bridesmaids wore tea length black dresses with red shoes and the groomsmen wore red vests
12) Who was your Maid Of Honor/Best Man? My matron of honor was a friend from junior high, Amber. We didn't have a best man
13) Did you have a Bridal Shower? Yes, two
14) What type of limo did you get? No limo
15) Where did you go for your Bachelorette/Bachelor Party? Mine was in St. Paul and Minneapolis. We went to dinner at Chino Latino's, saw a show at Comedy Sportz and then had margarita and played games at my matron of honor's house. Dustin spent the day on a pontoon with his friends and then went bar hopping
16) What type of wedding gown/tux did you two wear? I wore an A-line ivory strapless gown with lace bottom and lace accents. And red shoes, of course. Dustin wore a black tux with an ivory vest
17) How was the weather? A little rainy in the morning and overcast - but honestly, I hardly noticed
18) Where did you go on your Honeymoon? A Carnival cruise to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel
19) What was your favorite part of your wedding day? Having everyone I love together at the same place to celebrate how much Dustin and I love each other
20) How long have you been married? Hmm... almost 5 months